Happy Birthday, Flywheel! + A Power UP Ball Recipe
This past weekend, Flywheel Sports celebrated it's 7th Anniversary, and our Center City location celebrated it's 4th birthday! I can't believe that it's been FOUR years! FOUR amazing years of playlists, sweat, sprints, jogs, hills, tapbacks, woo's, theme rides... FOUR years of absolutely LOVING my job. I can't tell you how many times I am in the middle of class and can't stop smiling because I am taking everything in and LOVING every single second of it (and every single rider in class; you guys are the best!).
For our birthday celebration, I had the opportunity to combine my passions and make post-workout snacks!
The snacks were a hit, and I had quite a few requests for the recipes, so! I'm sharing... one of them (for now ;)).
C(HOCOLATE).R.E.A.M. #FLYTUNES, aka
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Power Balls
Vegan, Gluten Free // Makes 15-20 Balls
- 1 Cup Coconut
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Cinnamon Protein Powder (I buy this at Whole Foods, but any vegan chocolate protein powder will work!)
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Grade A Maple Syrup OR Agave Nectar
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- Splash Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Pink or Sea Salt
- Cocoa or Cacao Powder, to dust
1. Combine all ingredients, except cocoa/cacao powder, in a food processor and pulse to combine. You may need to scrape the sides and re-pulse a few times. You are looking to create a sticky, gritty, not-completely-smooth texture. If your mixture seems a bit dry, add a drizzle more coconut oil. If your mixture seems too wet, add a small handful coconut or nuts.
2. Roll the mixture into 1" balls using your hands, and place onto a tray.
3. Once all balls are rolled, take a small handful of cocoa/cacao powder and dust the balls to add a little extra color and chocolate flavor.
4. Chill for :20+ minutes to firm up.
Approximate Nutrition Facts for 1 Ball (Makes 15-20, Facts for a Yield of 18 using Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips):
180 Calories | 14g Fat | 10g Carbs | 3g Fiber | 5.5g Sugar | 6g Protein | 12.5mg Sodium