Shift Into Spring!
A seasonal shift is almost upon us! Monday, March 20th is the first day of Spring! Can you believe it?! To celebrate, I have created my first of four seasonal e-books: Spring Shift (!!). Eating locally and seasonally is one of my number one tips when I am asked for how we should eat to thrive. This 30-page instant download e-book is filled with tips on how to use seasonal produce with OVER 25 original plant-based recipes, useful cooking and prep techniques (how to sprout and how to salt-roast, for example), and a stunning color photograph for every single recipe (isn't it the worst when cookbooks don't have photos?!). Every aspect of this entire book was created with love by me, from the recipes, to the photographs, to the layout of the book: it truly is a labor of love. I can't wait for you to dive into it!
As I was creating this guide, I was mindful of a number of things:
- Waste Not!:
- If a recipe calls for half of an ingredient, another recipe will use it up.
- A number of recipes use ingredients created by the prep of another (ie. carrot pulp that is created from the Carrot Orange Ginger Juice can be used in the Spicy Carrot & Tofu Sofritas (with a Kiwi & Roasted Tomatillo Salsa) and/or in my Carrot Cake Power Balls (yes, Flywheel, these were part of my display for our birthday celebration!).
- Anything that creates extra (like a dressing) will be used again in another recipe(s).
- Be Real!:
- Every recipe uses ingredients that can be found at any Farmer's Market or grocery store during the Spring months (March, April, May).
- I don't ask you to use any "weird" or hard-to-find ingredients (and if I do, they are absolutely optional).
- Keep It Simple!:
- I clearly love to cook, and have cooked professionally in the past. I love to try new ingredients, new techniques, and I'm not afraid of a challenge. I also realize that you are not me. So, every recipe in this book was created to be achievable by anyone and everyone. I kept it simple and give detailed, step-by-step directions (I even asked multiple people who "cannot cook" to confirm, just in case I got overly ambitious).
This e-book includes two juices, three smoothies, five breakfasts, five lunches, five dinners, three starters/snacks, four desserts, and a number of dressings, jams, and other "mini-recipes," all of which use seasonal ingredients and that are intended to help you transition (and thrive!) from Winter into Spring.
For just a $20 investment in your health, Spring Shift can be yours. I hope this e-book inspries picnic lunches, garden parties, and your best version of you and your loved ones. Happy Spring!